Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Windowsill

I was washing dishes yesterday and looking out my kitchen window at the kids playing on the grass. A flood of gratitude came over me. In our last house, the kitchen sink faced a wall. A wall with no window. A wall that was horribly plain, and white. Washing dishes is so much more tolerable when there is something nice to look at!
I was also looking at my windowsill and I realized that all of the things on it have a special place in my life. Its the place in my home where things collect. Here is what I see:

A thriving houseplant (I like to think that I am getting more of a green thumb as I get older) in a pot that my sister in law gave me for Christmas one year. I remember that she was thinking I wouldn't like the pot, but I absolutely do!

The supplies for our latest pet. Maeve spilled most of the food out on the couch, but there is still enough to get us through the month. The kids picked out the fish, and I hope he is the first of many family pets! (besides the dog, of course...)

One of my favorite lotions. I got this as a shower gift, and I love it! I love the name, I love the smell, and I love the way that it moisturizes my hands! It is a gentle reminder to me after each session at the sink to take a few seconds to be kind to my hands!

This one if for my kids actually! Sadly, I am almost out of the first one, and will soon have to find a replacement. This will have to do for awhile! (Side note - sometimes I see my "manly" husband sneak a squirt of this for his rough hands. It makes me giggle!)

These are the latest flowers that the kids picked for me. I seem to always have a cup with some sort of plant in it on the sill. They are so sweet to think of me!

And last but not least, here is the item that helps my home smell good! I love this gift! It was from my sister, and every once in awhile, I will treat myself to a new oil to fragrance my home with.

So, what do you have on your windowsill? Something special? Something funny? Something that you set aside to fix later? I hope that whatever it is, you smile when you think of it!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Thats a pretty special windowseal Ang. Unfortunately when I look out my window I see a window that needs a super dooper deep cleaning. I do love when the kids are out there though. I love watching Billy and Loriella play tetherball too. So I guess if I look past the dirt it makes me smile too.