Monday, July 27, 2009

First Crop

Our hard work is finally paying off! The first of our crop is finally here! Not that it will feed us for a long time, but it will be nice to eat something that we have put time and energy into! The kids are pretty excited!

The first tomatoes. They are living up to their name of "Big Boy"...

The spaghetti squash. I am having my doubts about this one. Doesn't it look more like a cucumber???

I think this is the start of our first honeydew melon! Fresh melon for breakfast! You can't beat that! (Except for maybe bacon....we don't have room for a pig though!)

We have 6 oranges as well. This is the first year that the tree actually has fruit! My patience is running a bit thin. I can't wait to pick an orange and eat it!

We even have lemons! Only 3 so far, but they will be good no doubt!

No comments: