Friday, July 03, 2009

A Sweet Tea Party

Brynn turned 5 yesterday! Wow. Five long years ago after being in labor for 24+ hours and pushing for 3 hours with no pain medicine, Brynn was born. (Or should I say that they doctor gave up on me and applied the suction vacuum to her sunny side up positioned head and pulled her out...) I digress.
Brynn wanted a tea party, and since you know I am all about birthdays, I had to try to accommodate her. I borrowed a toddler table from a local church, and some little chairs to go with it.
The kids loved sitting at a table that was a perfect size for them. I decorated with some random things that I found. Some flower balls left over from my cousins wedding last summer, a chandelier that I bought at a garage sale for $5, some leftover decorations given to me from another party, and bling-bling cheap girly jewelry from Oriental Trading Company.



It came together well!
I think that the kids had a good time. I didn't plan much in the way of games, because my kids seem to like free play at their parties more than structured games. I did have them build towers out of sugar cubes and see whose tower was the tallest after 1 minute for the grand prize of a lollipop. Then, whoever ate 1 sugar cube the fastest without chewing also won a lollipop. (Had to keep the boys interest as well at the girly party.)

The food was fun. PB & J sandwiches, snail rolls, ants on a log, and fruit bites, as well as Tea Party Punch, and Cupcakes for dessert.




Brynn was loving the dress that she got to wear (another leftover from last summers wedding) and all the awesome gifts that she got from her friends.

She said that her favorite gift was the MP3 player that we gave her. I am glad that she liked it. We downloaded a bunch of Dr. Seuss books, and some songs and the novel "Wind in the Willows" for her. She was pretty content to sit and listen to it during quiet time.

Then, because a birthday should always be full of special happenings, I took Brynn to her first movie in the theatre. I left in plenty of time to get there, and I figured that we could walk around the theatre, buy some popcorn, pick out good seats, and get the full theatre experience. Of course, when we got to the theatre, the birthday girl had no shoes to wear. (This is not the first time we have left the house with no shoes...) I had to race home, grab the shoes, and race back to the theatre. Thankfully there were no cops on the way, seats still left in the theatre, and we only missed the previews. Brynn's jaw dropped when she saw the size of the screen, and how big the room was. She was amazed! It was so cool that I got to share that experience with her!

For dinner we had a big family BBQ. The food was great, and I even made a pretty cool teapot cake! I was proud of myself for this one. It was really easy!

The girls put on a show for us, and like every event, it was fun to watch...

I think that Brynn had a pretty great 5th birthday. I hope that she will remember it, and think back to the fun she had with her friends and family on this day.
Happy Birthday Princess Brynn!

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I would just like to give some props to the girl in the Kentucky Derby hat in the kids group picture. She rocked that hat(sorry not sure of her name)

Party looked great!

Elissa said...

You did a great job Ang! The kids had so much fun. Loved the cake! Very Impressive!