Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Season, New Room

It all started when one morning Brynn came out at breakfast and made the comment..."Mommy, sometimes when I get up in the morning, I have to stretch standing up cause when I do it in bed, my head and feet hit the ends of the bed."

Uhm, I guess its time to start thinking about bunk beds...

We found a used bunk bed set, and bought new mattresses....(I am a bit of a freak about used mattresses.)

I hit up a great sale at Target, and the room was almost finished! (Yes, almost!)

I used the leftover paint from last year when we first did the room -yeah, last year - and painted over the diamonds in the room. (Those stinkin' diamonds, by the way, took me DAYS AND DAYS, and calling in quite a few favors, to finish!)

I went to the local fabric store to buy coordinating material for the toddler bed bedding, and some wall art.

All in all, it took one day of hard work, and a few more hours of pulling things together to get it all done, but I love the results! The kids love the bunk beds, and we have found them sleeping in the same bed many nights. (Its too cute!)

I left the toddler bed in there, because we eventually want to add Maeve to the mix, and its just easier to leave it in, then move it out, and then put it back in in a few months.

So here it is.....Ta- da!!!!



*Side note: I immediately missed the toddler beds when I had to make up the bunk beds for the first time. It was nearly impossible! Lets just say, linen change won't be quite as frequent as it has been in the past!

3 comments:

Liza said...

It's really cute! You did a wonderful job.

We've been considering bunk beds for the boys but my biggest reservation is about how difficult it would be to change the sheets on that top bunk!

denise said...

cute!

Leslie said...

Serrrriously. I think it should count as cardio AND strength training changing the dang bedding on the girls' bunk beds. It's just about the dumbest job EVER.