Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Worlds Longest Time Out

Monday was a really rough day for me and Cannon.

He pretty much woke up with a death wish. It was as if he said to himself as he opened his eyes and said, "Today I am going down, and I am taking you all with me....".

Right off the bat, 7:30 am he got in trouble for trying to spin stuffed animals (and himself) on the ceiling fan in the bedroom.

By 10am he had gotten in trouble 3 times.

By 3pm we were at 5 "incidents".
And no nap. No matter how hard I tried, he would not fall asleep.

At 4:00pm, I put him on a time out (mostly for his own safety - I kid....but not really) that was going to last until dinner time.
I was totally done.
Totally.

At 4:15, after 15 minutes of kicking the walls, it got kinda strangely silent in the bedroom. I got a little bit worried.
I went back to check on him, and this is what I found.


Mommy won!

*He was a completely different kid after that short nap! Thank goodness...

1 comment:

Elissa said...

It feels like you did a good job when the mommy wins. Good for you!