Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Week of Vacation

My mom turned the big 6 - 0 this year, and instead of a party, she asked for a quiet week at the beach with the family.
Hmmmm, let me think about that one.....A week at the beach? A week in a nice house at the beach? A week in a house with a hot tub that we don't have to pay for? A week with a view to die for every day? A week of no computer, phone or work???? Hmmm.....I guess.... Geez, not hard to make that decision!
They rented a place out at Doran Beach, and we had an amazing time.

I brought the kids "Travel Bags" filled with toys that they don't usually have to play with. In Cannon's bag there was a book of temporary tattoos, so the week started off with "tattoos" for all! Even Poppa John joined in for this fun!


We spent HOURS in the hot tub. I don't even want to (and better yet, don't have to) think about the electricity bill that we incurred on this activity!

Don't you want to take your morning cup of coffee everyday looking at this view? We did!

My Mom's Birthday Breakfast was Crepes with Nutella and fruit spreads. I am now officially a fan of Nutella! Chocolate and Hazelnut? Yummy!!! (Hey, its part of a balanced breakfast!!! - No kidding, it says that right on the container!)

This was the unwrapping of the long awaited present. I was bouncing with anticipation! (We have a rule in our family, that who ever makes mom cry - with happiness, mind you - , is the winner. I was TOTALLY the winner this year!) This is the book that I spent HOURS working on! I hounded friends and relatives to write birthday wish to my mom and tell a story, recount a memory, etc and I put them all in this book. It turned out great, and she spent most of the day reading through it, and hearing tons of wonderful things that people had to say about her!

Unwrapping......

A little confusion...
Soaking it up!!!

The kids had a blast too!

One of our beach days...
Only the best poppa's get down on their knees and play in the sand with their grandsons!



This is evidence that my mom may have committed a federal crime.. My sister was intent on taking home some of the plant cuttings to replant in her garden. My mom cut them with a pocket knife when the ranger wasn't looking and stole them for my sis. What kind of family do I have????


I think the funniest part about this picture, besides my sister's obvious glee in her illegal find, is that my dad is totally squished in the back seat of the van....

Spending a week out near the beach with no distractions (besides the 3 little ones) always reminds me of how awesome of a place we live in! I had the chance to read through Job 38 again, and was reminded about the astounding fact that this great world, was created by a pretty great Creator...

1 comment:

mme ennui said...

AWWWWW... I love your fam. I was thinking about you guys all week, and each day as I fed Christi's doggies! Great photos, and what a lovely little vacation...