Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Dogs' Life

The pros of having a dog....not having to sweep up after dinner.
The cons of having a dog...having to sweep up this...


And in other dog news:
Treks had a run in recently with a farm cat. 3 hours at the vet, a round of antiobiotics, and $150 later, this is what we get...

It was a bloody mess, and I am not using "bloody" like an Englishman would. It was literally a bloody mess. The vet couldn't get the bleeding to stop, so this bandage contraption was the next best thing. They folded his ear back (where the cat swiped him) and wrapped it so that it would stop bleeding.

Ok - let me vent for a second. First of all, we were treated better at the vets waiting room than any doctors waiting room that I have ever been in for my entire life!
Secondly - it was my suggestion to tape his ear like this. Next time this happens (please no, please no, please no) I will do this myself and then go spend the $150 on myself....

Rich has recently suggested that we get another dog....yeah. 3 kids, a dog, and a fish that is on the brink of death every other minute? I need another dog like I need a hole in my head!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

And this my friend is another reason we do not have a dog.