Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Doc Appt

Had my 40 week doc appt this morning. She was relieved to see that I was so relaxed about being overdue. Apparently since this whole overdue business is old hat to me, I am handling it well. The baby is happilyy residing in my womb still, and has made no real move to join us outside. She checked for any progress in dilation, and could force me to the 2cm mark. While she was maneuvering the cervix, she commented that she was massaging the baby's head a bit. That was weird.
I had to employ some deep breathing to get through the check, but it wasn't horrible. Now I am home, waiting to see what happens next. So far, nothing. We set up another appointment for Monday, but she is pretty sure that she won't see me. Wouldn't it be just my luck to have this baby on Mothers Day? I don't know if that would make it special, or a bummer. It would mean that I would share the birthday every 7 or so years with a day set aside for moms, but I can handle that.
My prediction is still Friday the 9th. Rich is more and more excited (translate - anxious) for me to get this part over with. I am just dealing with each extra day of this pregnancy with thankfulness and appreciation for a good nights sleep and the ease of care of the baby inside (it only gets harder when they come out right?). A few more days, and my thankfulness might just run out though.

3 comments:

Liza said...

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Petersen Family said...

I would like you to post on your blog when your contractions start...when you are in labor...and right after...and maybe that first week every night when you have all that energy. Good luck with that challenge Angie ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Cannon ended up with his own day(at least within the Andre part of the family.) You are a pro at the wait and see game. I love the blog idea for keeping everyone posted. You should put it on your answering machine!