Friday, May 23, 2008

First Week

Its been almost a full week of being a mommy to 3. Its going relatively well, considering Rich is off work for 2 weeks, and I haven't had to be alone with all three yet for more than a few hours. I am curious to see how its going to be once he goes back, but I am sure that my sleep deprived mind will let all the time just slip away and I won't remember it being too horrible. We are still trying to figure out our newest little one. She isn't easily consoled, and tends to work herself up pretty quickly. I am trying to get her to take a pacifier, but she absolutely refuses, and its a bit of a bummer. She is getting used to her swing which helps free me up to give some physical attention to the other two. She isn't a fan of the sling, and that is something that I have no clue how to address.
Cannon loves to come up and "pat" her on the head. Other than that, he is pretty much over having another person in the house. Thanks goodness for his obliviousness.
Brynn is another story. I don't know if its for attention, or real, but she can't remember what the Maeve's name is. We ask her all day, every day, and each time, she claims that she can't remember, and asks us to help her out. Its irritating, but I don't know if its for real or not.
Rich is sleeping well at night....enough said.
I am trying to nurse every 3-4 hours, but sometimes that just doesn't work either. I can't wait to get a schedule established. (I know, I know, she's only a week old...but I am still looking forward to a bit more sleep.)
Maeve is squalking. Gotta go feed!


Sweet baby Maeve when she is sleeping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang, Have you tried a baby bjorn?(I can't remember how to spell it) William never did like the sling, but I think he felt closer to me in the bijorn. I know it gets to the point where anything is worth a shot! I have one that Will has outgrown if you want to borrow it.
Love, Jennie

Elissa said...

Ang, she is so sweet. I cant wait to hold her again. I need another Maeve fix. On another note, dont worry your going to become a pro with 3 in no time. Its much easier than just 2. LOL!

Good Girl Bera said...

she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie and Rich, sorry this congrats took so long. Little baby Meave is beautiful! you two did a great job. it sounded like it was not the easiest birth. I Can't wait to see her in June, i will let you know how many of us can show up.
Love,Aunt Renee