Friday, February 13, 2009

Funny Story


Today is my sister in laws' birthday. We all gathered around the phone this morning to give her a call and sing her a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday". (It was 8am)
Rich dialed the number, hit speaker phone and we all started the song as soon as we heard "Hello?"
We made it all the way through the song, and then, of course, the kids were laughing and chattering away to her, asking if she was having a fun birthday.
It was kinda silent on the phone, and I spoke up. "Hey, its Ang, Happy Birthday, How is your day going?"
Here was the reply..."Hello? Uhm, I think you have the wrong number!"

So, to the poor lady who had to sit through a pitifully long version of Happy Birthday sung by 2 kids, and 2 off key adults, I am sorry. I do hope that it made you smile though...


Happy Birthday Elissa!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Thanks Ang! That was a funny story. I had fun telling people that one. Still makes me laugh. Too funny!!