Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laundry Disaster

So, on average, I do 7 loads of laundry a week. Its not my favorite activity, and I usually have to plan an entire day around washing and folding. (Those darn water efficient washers take WAY longer to do a load than the regular washers...)

I was on load 4 (Maeve's clothing) and it was ready to go into the dryer. After I finished pulling all of the clothes out of the machine, I gave the drum a spin to make sure that there were no little socks stuck against the side anywhere. Something small, about the size of a dime, was tumbling around the back of the machine, so I reached in to pull it out and see what it was. I couldn't tell by looking. It looked like a nondescript piece of clay, or dirt. As a mom, one of the ways that I solve most mysteries, is to smell the unknown and figure out what it is. So I did just that....

IT WAS POOP!!!!
Just a small nugget of poop hanging out in our washer. No biggie. Just means that I have to REDO an entire load of laundry, in super hot water, with extra soap to get rid of whatever poop particles that are now mushed into the other clothes. Just another HOUR of my life spent washing clothing, plus an hour to clean out the washing machine. Just one little nugget.

Awesome! I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Any story with a poop nugget as the main character is an enjoyable story in my book

Anonymous said...

Poop is so gross if it's not yours. Ew.