Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks!

We stayed home on Thanksgiving.
Mostly because of this....

Although it was a bummer to not be with our extended family, it was actually one of the best Thanksgivings that I have ever had.

During the day, while our "sick" kids ran around like wild animals on the front lawn, Rich and I worked on making Christmas presents. Yep, that's right, we crafted together! Can you believe it? (I think this is one of the reasons why it was my favorite!) We also accomplished a few "fix-it" projects around the house. Awesome!

Not being prepared to stay home, I think I pulled together a darn good Thanksgiving dinner. Even if I knew that I was going to be home I wouldn't have cooked a turkey. (Don't tell anyone, but I actually really, really, really don't like cooked turkey!) Also, I once saw it being prepared, and have since then sworn that I won't be putting my arm up in any turkey's body cavity to pull out a bag of un-named intestinal parts!

I pulled out most of Saturday nights dinner (hoping that we will be inheriting leftovers from the family dinners that we missed to replace Saturday nights meal...I am still crossing my fingers on that one!) and added some extras to it. Rich and I set the table with the china, with the exception of Maeve who has a habit of tossing her plate off the edge of the high chair when she is done.


I found some yummy sweets around our house for our "dessert plate" and two mini bottles of cheap wine from our little getaway a few weeks ago. We turned out the lights, lit all the candles, and ate by candle light.

I got lots of compliments on the food, and only one complaint.
From my son.
Who said that he couldn't see his food.
Really???

Here is our "Thanksgiving List" (in no particular order)

Me:
Supportive Husband
God with never-ending grace
Family who loves me
House
Health
Friends who I can laugh and cry with
Our first holiday at home

Brynn: my family
my friends
that we get a yummy dinner to eat every night
my brother and sister
my mom and dad

Cannon: "that I get to run around naked" (direct quote)
"that's it mommy" (also a direct quote)

Maeve: ice
Cannon
eat
uh-oh
(also direct quotes...although she really has no clue what I am asking her...)

Rich: God
amazing wife
time with family
job
home

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: