Monday, November 09, 2009

True Love...

I have a funny story to tell. Just in case you need a good laugh right now.
Sooooo, a few mornings ago, I was taking a shower, and quickly trying to shave my legs before I had to get out. I was turned away from the water, and was rinsing the razor between strokes. All normal stuff right? Well, I was almost done, and I whipped my hand behind my back to rinse it in the running water of the shower, and I accidentally hit the shower door, which in turn ricocheted my arm back closer to my body, in turn SLICING MY BUNS WITH MY RAZOR!!!!
It stung a little bit, but I didn't think anything of it, until I put my hand back there, and pulled it away and it was covered in BLOOD!!!
I grabbed a washcloth that was in the shower, and put it on the cut, and then called to Rich, who of course didn't hear me! Right as I realized that I was going to have to get out of the shower (still dripping wet, mind you) and go get him, I felt the sting of the washcloth and realized that it was still covered in soap, so it was burning my cut.
Well. I finally got Rich's attention, and then ran back into the shower and pulled the soapy washcloth off my buns. He came in, and I warned him,"So I cut myself shaving, but its in kind of an awkward place....Before I explain what I did, just let me know if I need stitches or not." I turned around, and all I heard him say was "Oh My Gosh!". I kept trying to see what I had done to myself, but it was in a place that I couldn't see....you know how those bums are!
I rinsed the cut in the water again, so that he could clearly look at it, and he assured me that it was just a surface cut and no emergency room visit was needed. (Thank goodness - can you imagine explaining that one to strangers?)
A few minutes later, as I was drying off, he started to bandage me up.
My last comment, before we both were laughing to hard to talk was," This is true love right here. You putting antibiotic creme on my buns, and then patching me up with gauze and waterproof tape before I go on my way! That is how you know someone really loves you!"
I would take a picture, but I don't know how to capture just the cut, and not my crack, or all that lovely cellulite that surrounds it....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up in the middle of Starbucks reading this!!

Leslie said...

I heard this story in person the morning OF and I'm still in tears reading it right now, hahhaa...

White Family said...

i LOVE this story! This is truly LOVE. I even told Conan about it and he got a good laugh!

Heidi Jo said...

lol!!! I love it.

Elissa said...

only you ang....only you.