Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Crafts

Brynn had been home sick for a few days, but was feeling well enough to run around and drive me crazy with "I'm bored", and "Can I watch more TV?". (Is she really sick if she can play dress-up, do dances, play chase, and drive me and the other kids crazy?!? If only that thermometer wouldn't keep reading 100.7)
Our family has been reading from an old Thanksgiving book, and at the breakfast table we came to the "craft" section. I decided to help the kids make some Thanksgiving crafts to keep the boredom away while being sequestered in our house.
Thankfully, all the stuff for the craft was found in my house, so the kids made Indian shields, and Tee pees.

The Supplies:
Attach the paper bag handles to the back of the paper plate

Decorate the bottom of the plate

Brynn showing off her finished product, complete with Indian "writing".

For the Tee pees: cut up the bag into two rectangles and decorate with markers. Roll up and secure with staples and scotch tape.

Last I checked the tee pees housed 2 barbie dolls, and a variety of assorted hot wheels...

With all this "preparing for the holidays" upon us, I realized that I have really got to get crackin' on my Christmas projects...

No comments: