Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Meat is In!

This is the second year that we have bought our meat in bulk from a local source. I love knowing where the beef comes from, and the feed put into it. The first year we split a quarter of a cow with another couple and it lasted almost an entire year, but this time we went big and bought an entire quarter for ourselves. We figure this will probably last us close to 2 years, but who knows...
Hard to believe that this much live beef...


...equals this much freezer space!

Hamburgers anyone???

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Is it bad to admit that kind of grosses me out? I do eat meat..but the visual of the cow and then it packaged neatly in your fridge. Something does not sit well with me there. :-)

familyof5 said...

Lindsey, I get easily grossed out about it too! I like it prepackaged like this though, cause I don't have to look at it all bloody and red like in the grocery store...
I also can't deal with Chicken parts, so I don't buy anything with bones or skin. Not frugal, I know. I just cannot deal with that stuff.