Friday, November 06, 2009

My Birthday

***This birthday managed to pass without a single picture to commemorate the day....Bummer!

Oh, how I love this day! I think birthdays are the best day of the year...besides Christmas that is!

Rich let me sleep in late, and even kept the kids from sneaking in the bathroom while I was taking a shower and getting ready for church. Since my day was busy, I was told that we were not doing anything to celebrate my birthday....but as usual, Rich had some tricks up his sleeve!
The doorbell rang at 8am, and my parents walked in the door, carrying some food to share with us for breakfast. Then, a few minutes later, my sis in law, and the kids walked in. Then a few minutes after that, the Meiriks walked in, and then my sister and her bf showed up! It was a regular party! At 8am! (Thank goodness I was dressed and all "purtied" up!)
Rich had secretly bought Cinnabon (my absolute favorite treat) rolls for breakfast, and so I shared a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, eggs, fruit, and pancakes with people that I love!

We went to church, where people all over the place wished me happy birthday! How did everyone know??? Maybe because I have no qualms about reminding people that its coming up...

After church, I had an important meeting (which I will blog about at a later time) that went really well! I was blessed to be part of something pretty amazing, and couldn't ask for a better day to do it on!

That evening we had our weekly meeting with the group of young marrieds at our church, and one of the couples brought a yummy cake to celebrate with!

I fell into bed that night, exhausted, but giddy with all the memories of yet another great birthday tucked away in my head!

I am 32. I have been married to my best friend for 8 years! I have 3 beautiful, healthy children, a warm, comfortable place that I call home, a family who showers me with affection, and a God who never ceases to amaze me!

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday...Happy Birthday to me!!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!