Sunday, September 06, 2009

A Few Favs

My sis in law and I were talking the other day, and it reminded me of a few of my favorite things that I have found for our home and the kids. I am not a scrapbook-er. I cannot think of anything more that I would rather not do than scrap booking. I tried it once, got frustrated, slapped a few pics and some stickers in a book, and then threw the album away. Not fun for me at all.
So, these are the solution for me to keeping pictures and memories stored in a cute way.

I saw this at Pottery Barn one year, and immediately loved it. I bought one for Brynn on line, and have since then bought one for each child. I love it. My favorite part of the book is the birthday interview. The questions are perfect, and I think that each of my kids will love to look back and see what their answers are....
Your Birthday Book: A Keepsake Journal

I bought my first school journal this year for Brynn as she started Kindergarten too. I love the vintage look of this book, and the drawings on the cover make me smile each time I see it. (I am such a product of the 70's...)
School Years: A Family Keepsake of School Memories


This book is great too, but really expensive. I borrowed a copy from a friend and used some of the ideas for my own version. I also looked online for suggestions of what to put in a binder like this. It takes a ton of time to do, but I am sure that (when I am finally done getting it all together) I will have a sense of accomplishment like none-other!
Life.doc: Your Life Buttoned Up

They also sell this, and a bunch more from this series line at Office Max.
I am such a sucker for organizational things....its one of the only reasons that I wish I had a desk job....
It only cost about $6 to put my own version together. I bought a large binder, some dividers, folders and sheet protectors and ta-da....done.


Side note:
I just found an entire blog entry devoted to this book that I bought at a garage sale a few months ago. I am always drawn to the old books, and love the simplicity of them. The pictures, the colors, and the story lines are sweet, simple and pure, and I love that! This is Cannon's favorite book, and I do really love reading it to him. I only knew of this one, but apparently there are a bunch in the "Cowboy Sam" series. I will definitely be on the look out for them...

No comments: