Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Give UP!


I am now resigned to the fact that I will never have a clean garage again.
I fought this, and I fought this, but in the end, Rich and the kids won.

I grew up in the country, so my excitement of having a garage to park my car in was pretty high. I always wanted a clean, organized garage that had the laundry stuff, some storage, and a place to park the car. My husband grew up using his garage as an extra playroom. When he suggested that we do the same, I dug in my heels (something that I don't often do) and said "no".

Well, 1 year later, you can see how won that battle...

Our garage now houses an old rug, a bunch of kids toys, the art easel, AND all of our other stuff. I did get to set up a table to sew on out there, so that is a perk for me!

Its a room that I don't clean. Its fully covered in toys, and the kids have the responsibility to tidy it up. (It never gets done...)

Oh, and my new car? Its parked in the driveway....just like when I was growing up!

2 comments:

Kelly Meirik said...

way to go ang! release & receive! (blessings & mess!)

denise said...

have you SEEN our garage?! maybe you should come over and check it out, you'd feel a lot better.