Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Weeks and Grumpy

I am grumpy today. Woke up grumpy, took my shower grumpy, had a delicious cup of coffee grumpy, glared at the kids grumpy, kick the dog grumpy. Don't know why. I think I need some "me" time, but I hate to ask for it because my hubby has been more than willing to help out around the house lately. He works all day, comes home to a clean kitchen (translation - no dinner is made or will be made anytime soon) and offers to make dinner, clean up the kitchen, and care for the kids. I basically nod yes, turn back to the addictive world of blog stalking, or eBay, and zone out for a bit more. What a life.
Ok, Ang, snap out of it. I have 2 weeks left. I am still not mentally ready. Don't want to go into labor, don't want to deal with pain, don't want to push a baby out, don't want to start the never-ending process of breastfeeding....aaaauuughhh. I am ready to know what this kid is though, so that is the bonus here. Will our family be testosterone driven or estrogen driven. Brynn and I can probably make do with no more girls, but it would be fun to see Rich and Cannon squirm as the female hormones rage on. Can I handle another boy? Brynn and I duck and cover when Cannon picks up a golf ball (why do we have those in the house when NO ONE plays golf around here?) or sharp sided toy. He has consistent inaccuracy with his aim still, but every once in awhile you get pegged with something that comes at you with incredible velocity. And how he manages it all in his sisters dress up high heels is something else...

On another note, I need a pedicure. Thanks Jasmin, I am going today, and will enjoy every second of it!

3 comments:

griffin said...

Hang in there girlfriend. You have every right to be grumpy. So enjoy being your grumpy self and endulge in little things that bring you joy. I recall the two weeks that seem to drag on forever; however - keep in mind that the two weeks after your new baby arrives fly by like minutes...

Petersen Family said...

I am telling you Angie....pregnancy was on my list of things I hate(well that is a harsh word) things I strongly dislike. Pedicures always make everything better, and make you feel pretty even if you can't exactly see the finished product that often.
Ohhhh and my TV addiction comes thanks to DVR's and late nights.

PS Is it okay that I added you to my blogs to check out on my blog?

Heidi Jo said...

My "thanks Ang" was semi-sarcastic although I had fun answering the questions. I'll have David do it too. I'm interested in what he has to say.

I can't relate to the pregnancy stuff yet (of course) although I can understand how you'd be grumpy at this point. I am grumpy without a full-sized baby in me some mornings... enjoy the pedi! That should remove some of the grumps. : )